bbq & Smoking
minnesota's premium firewood
Paul's Fireplace Wood provides premium firewood for residential and commercial customers throughout the U.S. We offer perfectly aged and dried firewood of several popular species to ensure the best fire-building and cooking fires.
Firewood.com is the web connection for Paul’s Fireplace Wood, Inc. in Little Falls, MN. This is a family run business by Sharon Wilczek, her children, and other valued staff. Wilczek’s gravitated to the firewood business over 30 years ago. Always active and outdoorsy, they didn’t balk at the chance to clear their own land of trees to build their home. The venture planted a seed in their entrepreneurial brain, and soon Paul’s Fireplace Wood was born.
For most people, the concept of the firewood business conjures the wholly unspectacular vision of a couple of local guys in an old pickup truck dropping a load of residential firewood at the back door.
- Wood varieties that will add a mild or sweet flavor are apple, cherry or plum.
- Woods that give medium smoke flavor are oak, maple, pecan and hickory. These go very well with pork, also are strong enough to be good with beef and wild game. The oak and hickory will add a rich color as well.
- Try different combinations for a sweet/smokey flavor like apple with hickory.
- The strongest flavors come from mesquite and walnut. Best to use these in moderation and with other flavors, like you would use a chile pepper.
- Be careful to limit the time your food is on with this smoke as it can easily overpower the taste of the meat.