Premium Cooking, Smoking, BBQ Firewood
Cooking over a select wood fire provides unmatched flavor to all foods. Adding smoke in the last half of the cook time will increase flavor as well as adding a rich color.
Choose from the following wood species for the perfect open cooking or smoking fire every time.
- Wood varieties that will add a mild or sweet flavor are apple, cherry or plum.
- Woods that give medium smoke flavor are oak, maple, pecan and hickory. These go very well with pork, also are strong enough to be good with beef and wild game. The oak and hickory will add a rich color as well.
- Try different combinations for a sweet/smokey flavor like apple with hickory.
- The strongest flavors come from mesquite and walnut. Best to use these in moderation and with other flavors, like you would use a chile pepper.
- Be careful to limit the time your food is on with this smoke as it can easily overpower the taste of the meat.
Approx. 30 lbs per box.
Burn Baby Burn...